Monday, May 26, 2008

R.I.P. Sydney Pollack


Sydney Pollack
July 1, 1934 - May 26, 2008
It's tough to believe that the legendary director and notable film actor Sydney Pollack has passed away. I certainly had no idea that he was fighting cancer with how busy he'd been keeping himself. (Too bad his last acting role was in Made of honor) Though I think it's inspiring that he didn't let his condition stop him from being productive, I can respect that. Though probably known in recent times more for his roles in movies like Michael Clayton,Eyes Wide Shut, and that hilarious phone commercial, his legacy will most likely live on through his influentiall work behind the camera. This including such films as; They Shoot Horses, Don't They?, Tootsie, and the oscar winning Out of Africa. With such sad news I just wish that I could've of become more familiar with Pollack's work before his passing, but look forward to seeing some of his films in the future.

No comments: