Wednesday, December 10, 2008

I Wanna Talk About Me



So I noticed that the Flixster stars that we use on the Cat Fancy blog look absolutely terrible with a black background, so if anyone has any ideas as to where I can get something better or perhaps a more aesthetically pleasing alternative, please let me know.

So what have I been up to? Well I was pretty damn busy with school the last couple of weeks but it's all over now. Still in the middle of my Seinfeld voyage that is trying to see every episode hopefully before Christmas. I probably wont make it but it's certainly been a fun challenge. I've also been watching a lot of Curb Your Enthusiasm and just have one episode left, that's certainly been a wild ride. It's funny watching a lot of these Curb and Seinfeld episodes for the first time and noticing certain connections. For instance I thought it was interesting that both shows have had scenes where someone has complained about someone else not having reading material in a plane, or various jokes about tipping. Also you get to see a lot of the guests that manage to make it on to both shows. It blew my mind when I saw Toby "The Wiz" Huss (Who also played Artie on Pete and Pete) on Curb as Larry's drunk limo driver or the wig master as Larry's dance choreographer in season 4. It's all been good, pretty good, pretty, pretty good.

My dad and I went go see Slumdog Millionaire and both really enjoyed it, I really think it deserves a best picture nod. Something of note was that the showing we went to really brought out the Indian community. I wasn't aware that this film had been deemed so culturally significant by the Indian community but it was a darn good flick and probably my favorite Danny Boyle film yet.

Christmas is around the corner and that's always fun I guess. It certainly gets a little less exciting as you get older but at least you don't worry about what presents you may or may not get, as I used to as a kid. Hopefully there's a chance of doing some filming stuff in the vein of sketches based off the currently abandoned "Separated at Girth" idea but that is if everyone else has the time. If not than there is always spring or summer, I hope... Whatever I look forward to seeing everyone upon their return.

1 comment:

Sean said...

I'm all about The Freak Book. Helped make John McEnroe's acting career what it is today.