Wednesday, December 10, 2008

R.I.P. Robert Prosky


Robert Prosky
1930-2008

I was saddened to hear that actor Robert Prosky died recently and thought I'd pay my respect with a post. Though probably not widely known by most people, Robert Prosky has always been a talented character actor and was always up for an oddball role once in awhile, such as the pissed off mechanic in Christine and the fictional Vampire television host Grandpa Fred in Gremlins 2: The New Batch.

From the early 80s right up to his death Robert Prosky had a fine career on stage, television and movies. He was a regular on Hill Street Blues and Veronica's Closet and was featured in dozens of popular movies such as; Mrs. Doubtfire, Rudy, The Natural, Broadcast News, Thief and Death to Smoochy.

He wasn't any big star or anything but I always enjoyed his presence on screen and will miss him in the world of cinema.

No comments: