Thursday, January 8, 2009

R.I.P Steve


Steve
(2002-2009)
I don't normally talk about my pets, but with the passing of Steve this week on January 7th I felt I should post a remembrance blog, Steve would of wanted it that way. Steve passed away in his sleep last Wednesday night from a heart related ailment. Everyone in the family was aware that Steve was getting old (he was 6 which is an average life span for a domesticated ferret) but it just happened so soon and unexpectedly. Steve had been so active and playful in his last days so it was quite a shock. Though I suppose it was good that he went in such a peaceful way, I mean most ferret's die painfully from cancer and we are yet to have a ferret die from that.

I'll have many fond memories of Steve, from the first day we got him and I thought he was rat, to the time he ran across the street ending up in some neighbors yard and all his other impressive accomplishments. Steve is probably on my short list of the best pets I've ever had which thus far only include my cat Junior, no one else has wowed me yet but Steve was something. He was a deaf, half blind, blue eyed (which is rare) american hero and his presence will be missed around the house.

2 comments:

Sean said...

I'm sorry to hear that he passed. He led a good life.

Peter said...

We will cherish his memory.