Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Face the Music


I didn't want to upset the flow of "Top Movies of 2008" over at Cat Fancy, so I decided to post this random news tidbit here. I heard on the radio today that 70s rock/blues band Faces of which I am a fan, are reuniting! Not just for a few shows but for a brand spanking new album as well. It's been almost 36 years since the group's last album Ooh La La but word is that Ron Wood has already started writing material for a new album and I can't wait.

Unfortunately Faces bassist/co-songwriter Ronnie Lane died in 1997, so who will replace him? Well it's been announced that it will be none other than Red Hot Chili Peppers virtuoso bassist Flea. This is all very exciting and hopefully they'll be some swell rocking results. Perhaps I'll do a Faces retrospective on Cat Fancy whenever their new album comes out, it's all very exciting news.

If your not familiar with the Faces, here's a video of them playing "Stay With Me"

No comments: