Saturday, April 5, 2008

Tickler for a Stickler


I finally got to see some of Larry David's HBO series "Curb Your Enthusiasm" and defintely have found a strong liking to it immediately. My dad and I went down to 'Hollywood Video" with the intention of renting the first season but since it was unavailable, we ended up getting the second season instead. I was definitely not thrilled by the idea of starting with the second season but my dad's like "It's a sitcom" so I just went with the flow and actually I wasn't confused or anything it was definitely very funny. It's almost like " The George Costanza Show" in that Larry David really is quite similar to George. Picking and prodding at insignificant issues which always backfire and end up making things much worse for him. I'll admit sometimes I feel like Larry gets on too many people's bad sides when it isn't always his fault, but it's just a comedy and for most part usually adds to the experience. There are as well those very tense spots, where your like "No don't say that, don't say anything you'll just make it worse." and then he goes ahead and screws everything up. A great show indeed, I wish I'd figured out about renting the show earlier.

1 comment:

Sean said...

The great thing about Curb Your Enthusiasm is that every season's been about as good as the last. If you're liking what you've gotten to see so far, you love all the other episodes too.

Totally deserving of third best sitcom that's not Seinfeld...