Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Getting "Red"y



So how about that new Weezer album cover? Pretty wacky, especially Rviers Cuomo's new umm "Cowboy look" but I'm pretty pumped for their new album. I thought their new single "Pork and Beans" was pretty catchy so I remain hopeful. I guess the problem these days is that Weezer has kind of strained from their Cooky Alternative roots. I mean I liked a handful of songs from their last few albums, but they certainly aren't as inventive or experimental as the Weezer of the 90s. Possibly a good sign is that their latest single "Pork and Beans" is about people telling them to try and be more commercial. Could this mean they'll mix it up a litte on this new album? Some of the other band members are singing and writing a few tracks so I guess we'll see.
Though who knows, maybe the fact that the new album is self-titled again is a good omen. The Blue Album and The Green Album are certainly strong works, so let's hope for the best.

If your curious, here's a link to Weezer new single on Weezer's offical Site
Pork and Beans

No comments: